Spitzer Spotlight November
We have HUGE savings on our 2.7L Chevrolet Silverados! Red, white, black or blue we’ve got just the Silverado for you! Not only are our vehicles ALL PRICED TO SELL. You can receive $500 Chevy Cyber Cash on select popular 2022/2023 Chevy Models! CLICK HERE to view our 2.7L Chevrolet Silverados. CLICK HERE to check out our Autoworld pre-owned inventory. CLICK HERE to check out our Autoworld new inventory.
Are you in the market for a BEAST with BRAINS?! We have a ton of brand-new 2022 Ford F-150s on our lot ready to sell and they are ALL $1,000 OFF! CLICK HERE to check out our FORD F-150s. CLICK HERE to check out our Ford pre-owned inventory. CLICK HERE to check out our Ford new inventory.
Have you had your eyes on a brand-new Ram 1500?! You may be qualified for 2.9% financing for 72 months AND up to $4,000 in BONUS CASH! Not in the market for a truck?! NO PROBLEM! You could also be qualified for 1.9% financing for 72 months on a brand-new Renegade! CLICK HERE to check out our Ram inventory. CLICK HERE to check out our CDJR pre-owned inventory. CLICK HERE to check out our CDJR new inventory.
DO YOU… have any upcoming events such as:
- Community Events
- School Functions
- Jeep/Memorial Rides
- Little League
- Community Sport Leagues, etc.!
We would love to get involved! Whether you are looking for gift baskets or even just funds email MaryKate McAlee at [email protected]!
- Fox Township Elementary Brunch with Santa
- Cameron County Little League
- St. Leo’s Lucky Lion Lotto
- St. Marys Junior Olympic Wrestling Club
- The Brookeville YMCA
- St. Marys Boys Booster Club
- Ridgway Winter Schedule Cards
This month we headed into our service department at our Chevrolet GMC dealership and put the spotlight on one of our technicians, Randy Wingard! Randy is one of those coworkers that you just know is there to get the job done and done right. Throughout his time at the dealership, Randy has always been someone you can go to for help! When asked what he loves most about our service department he said that he loves that we work hard to keep the customer in the loop and help the customer understand what is going on with their vehicle.
RANDY WINGARD: AUTO TECHNICIAN
- Years at the dealership? About 12 years
- What is your position here? Auto Technician
- How did you become interested in the Automotive Industry? I always loved working on stuff as a kid. We had a couple of old trucks we drove around behind my parents’ house to haul firewood and I worked on them a lot.
- What does being a World Class Technician entail? There is a lot of training. First, there is a fundamental category to get started then there are 10 or 11 specific categories such as engine performance, engine repair, auto transmission, diesels, etc. You must take all of the classes in each category. Some are just on the computer, and some are hands-on. Then you have to pass a hands-on certification to become a Master Technician in the category. You must master certify in at least eight categories to become a certified World Class Technician for General Motors.
- What did the journey look like to get there? It was a lot of hard work. There were many late nights training on my computer. I also traveled all over PA, Ohio, New York, and Maryland to get all of my hands-on classes and certifications.
- What do you think makes a good mechanic? Well, with all of my training, I tried to make myself versatile by training in all categories. Also, you need to be able to think outside of the box at times.
- What mechanical work do you do day-to-day? I do just about anything. Usually engine work, electrical transmission, and diesel. Pretty much whatever I am needed for.
- What does a typical day look like for you at the dealership? Well, come in, punch in, open up my toolbox and we usually have a five-to-ten-minute meeting with all of the techs and service writers. Then we get started. I never know what I am going to end up doing each day. Could be a big engine job all day, or seven to eight vehicles to diagnose.
- What does your life look like outside of the dealership? Do you have any other hobbies/interests? I have been married to my wonderful wife for almost 12 years and we have four girls at home. My family keeps me pretty busy. I love to spend time with family, and I love to spend time in the woods hunting, and a little fishing.
- What advice do you have for a high school student looking to become a mechanic? Well, everything is electrical now it’s in every part of the vehicle. So be ready to learn electrical stuff and learn as much as you can. No one can take knowledge away from you, that is always yours to keep. Learn as much as you can and make yourself an asset to the company you work for no matter what you do with your life.
- What is something everyone should know/learn about their own vehicle? Everyone should know how to check their own oil and change their own wiper blades. At least the simple things.
- What advice do you have for keeping your vehicle in tip-top shape? Maintenance is key. Follow your maintenance charts to keep your vehicle in good condition. Also, undercoating and rustproofing. Vehicles rush so much and so fast here in PA. You should start rust-proofing and undercoating right away before the vehicle gets rusty, not after.
- What is one thing (a fun fact) not many people may know about you? I love music but when I am driving my truck by myself, I prefer to listen to an audiobook most of the time.
- What qualities do you think a good leader must have? You need to remember everyone is different and everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and you need to try to use that information to your advantage. Also, no matter how long someone has been working with you, no matter what their job is, or how old they are, everyone deserves to be treated with respect.
- Who is your biggest inspiration? My family. I try to work hard to provide a good life for my kids and my dad always told us you never half do anything. Do it right. So, that is another reason I work so hard to be a World Class Technician. I wanted to do it right and make him proud.
- What are you most proud of throughout your time at the dealership? I would have to say it would be earning my World Class Technician Certification.
Winter Special: $74.49 includes Tire Rotation, Lube, Oil &
Call our service department at St. Marys CDJR to schedule an appointment to get your new tires just in time for winter road conditions!
Now through November 30th, BUY 3 TIRES and get the 4TH FOR $1!!!!
We are at YOUR SERVICE on YOUR SCHEDULE!
We understand how busy life can get so that is why we have opened all THREE of our dealerships for all of your Express Lane needs. Looking for QUICK and QUALITY oil changes? Or is it time to get your tires rotated? LOOK NO FURTHER! Our no appointment necessary Express Lane is here to help you manage all of your general maintenance services all provided by our factory-trained technicians!